An excerpt from the January 31, 1926 Lubbock Avalanche Journal describes the beginnings of the Red Raider Club, known then as the Matador Club.
From the 1926 annual goal of $3,700 to the multimillion dollar effort seen today, the Red Raider Club has come a long way.
Officially becoming the Red Raider Club in 1953, the organization has been fundamental to Texas Tech student-athlete success for over 90 years.
In 1994, the Red Raider Club officially transformed from a volunteer organization to a part of the Texas Tech Athletics Department.
A significant shift for the Red Raider Club came in 2003 when Texas Tech joined many Division 1 institutions by implementing Donor Based Seating. Growing the support to Texas Tech Athletics, Donor Based Seating allowed the Red Raider Club to eclipse 4,000 members for the first time in history during the 2004 drive year. Continuing to provide additional support to Texas Tech student-athletes, the Red Raider Club celebrated breaking the $5 million dollar barrier in 2011.
Today, marks the next phase of support for those students who choose to represent Texas Tech Athletics. In 2017 the Red Raider Club will simplify athletics donor's annual contributions, while providing more to the donors who have helped to Educate, Serve and Grow Fearless Champions.